Gareth is now 6 weeks old!
Habits -
Sleeping; he is in a pretty good routine at the moment, he wakes up to eat at 1am, 4am and 8am give or take a half an hour. He sleeps in his little Moses basket beside our bed, he stirs and I give him the pacifier to distract him while I pump, then he feeds, burps gets his diaper change then back into the basket he goes. I'm very thankful that I don't need to rock him or pat him back to sleep, I just lay him on his side, cover him and thats it!
I'm slowly starting to get use to having to wake up at night, its been 6 weeks of interrupted sleep and I'm still sane thank the Lord.
Next thing I would like to work on with him is putting him to sleep at the same time everyday for nap time and night time, I think the earlier I get him into a good sleeping pattern the better and then I'll be able to better schedule my time as it would be nice to start having a little time to myself in the evenings (after the kids are down) again. I'm thankful though that he seems to know when its night time, as he does sleep at night waking up just to feed. I remember when Gavin was a newborn we were at wits end as he would sleep most all of the day and be up a lot at night, I didn't know what to do with him to get him to switch his days with the nights. So with Gareth he seems to know. (hope I'm not speaking to soon on this one, ha)
I'm back to work now, trying to get things done between taking care of Gareth, I'm sure as he gets into set nap times in the morning and afternoon I'll be able to know exactly what time I have to work with.
By Amanda May: Thoughts, Photos, My family, Life in Mexico, Things of interest, Wonderful friends.
Categories
- Amanda (31)
- Andrew (18)
- Birthdays (55)
- C'mas Time (17)
- Canada (37)
- CTP's (1)
- Family (23)
- Friends (19)
- Gareth (58)
- Gavin (38)
- Happenings (3)
- Home Activities (2)
- Home Happenings (4)
- Kids Activities (11)
- Kids Outings (21)
- Life Standard (4)
- LS Team Activities (12)
- LS Team Happenings (4)
- Maurits Family (42)
- Pregnancy (26)
- Quotes (2)
- School (27)
- Shae (52)
- Special Occasions (21)
- Sports (2)
- Tidbits (9)
- Travels (22)
- Vacations (5)
- Weddings (13)
Links
About Me
10:11 PM
Labels: Gareth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment