3:42 PM

Abs

My friend, Roberto, from the gym pushed me (quite literally) to go to the new abs class that is for 45 min to an hour Wednesdays and Fridays. I had been putting him off for a while, telling him that that area is the worst spot on me, so I need to do the normal stomach stuff at the gym to build up before being able to handle a whole hour class of it.

Well he had been put off long enough and was determined to get me to the class this particular Friday morning.
Wow, it was a great class, dripping in sweat as we rocked side to side holding up the large rubber ball, we would look over at each other every once in a while just laughing at how hard it was. I couldn't keep up with the whole thing, there was many a time I just sat still trying to catch my breath, this guy was a drill sergeant, yelling at us "working harder", 'hold your stomach in', 'another 20' etc. We did a whole variety of things, (not just a bunch of stomach crunches), at the end you're suppose to have done 2,000 stomach movements. I thought I did pretty well and didn't feel to dead at the time.

The next day, Saturday, family morning, I couldn't move, I laid there frozen in bed, not able to move, I felt every muscle in my back aching. I asked Andrew to help me get out of bed. Wow, it hurts!

I'll go again to next Wednesdays' class, and I'll keep going till the fat is burnt, and I'm nothing but rock solid abs. See you two years from now...

0 comments: