Beware this is all about food, oddly enough food has become a very big part of my life and happiness or lack thereof since being pg:
I'm starting to become worried with all the starch I'm intaking.
My latest thing I've been into eating is Sushi with just the crab meat and cucumber, or crepes with peanut butter and honey.
There are so few things I feel I can eat, as it seems as times goes on that list gets smaller. Like two weeks ago I really liked ground beef, now I can't hardly eat it, depends I guess on which way its cooked.
I feel only now like eating starchy things, banana bread and the above mentioned foods.
On the do not go near list:
- Chicken (does not matter which way its cooked)
- Cheese ( so greasy tasting to me) (so no pizza or cheese noodles or quesadea's, etc)
- zucchini
- even tuna I'm having a hard time with these days
- milk
- most all juice
- chips
- sour cream
- and many more... sob
Stuff I like or at least can tolerate:
- 2 soft egg's with dark brown bread toasted (Andrew he faithfully makes that for me every single morning for breakfast)
- Bubbly water
- spinach and been sprouts lightly cooked with a bit of soya sauce
- Sushi (but who knows how long this will last)
- thin pancakes
- apples, pears, peaches
- oatmeal
- baked potatoes
The funny thing about this pregnancy is that I can't seem to hold down water, and can only drink bubbly water. So that makes for constant trips to the Oxxo to exchange the glass bottles for new ones. Our dear guys, I know everyone of them at some point has made such trips after my pleading, some even by foot. Such troopers!
I'm always open to new idea's or things that worked for you if any of you mothers have any suggestions of what got you through tough months.
By Amanda May: Thoughts, Photos, My family, Life in Mexico, Things of interest, Wonderful friends.
Categories
- Amanda (31)
- Andrew (18)
- Birthdays (55)
- C'mas Time (17)
- Canada (37)
- CTP's (1)
- Family (23)
- Friends (19)
- Gareth (58)
- Gavin (38)
- Happenings (3)
- Home Activities (2)
- Home Happenings (4)
- Kids Activities (11)
- Kids Outings (21)
- Life Standard (4)
- LS Team Activities (12)
- LS Team Happenings (4)
- Maurits Family (42)
- Pregnancy (26)
- Quotes (2)
- School (27)
- Shae (52)
- Special Occasions (21)
- Sports (2)
- Tidbits (9)
- Travels (22)
- Vacations (5)
- Weddings (13)
Links
About Me
10:10 PM
Labels: Pregnancy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
My midwife came "this" close to admitting me to the hospital this last pregnancy because I was so dehydrated from not being able to keep water down (apparently she was less worried about not keeping the food down). After pleading with her to try one last home remedy she let me go home and this is what worked for me:
Luke warm tap water by the teaspoon until I could keep that down, and then gradually upping it to sips, and eventually to the glass full. It wasn't till I was well into my 4th month that I could drink anything other than warm tap water.
I know a few other girls who did a variation on this, they used:
Half mineral water and half apple juice at room temperature, starting with small amounts and working your way up to more. Also some people try black tea with a tiny bit of sugar (also lukewarm).
;) I hope you feel better, I know how difficult it is to get through this part. Hang in there.
always had to have something carbonated or sucking and chewing ice cubes, even though it was winter
(bad i know, but i was addicted to it, if its crushed or at least really small pieces its not so bad)
I agree with the ice cubes thing. I crunched ice my whole pregnancy. I'm praying that you'll feel better, Mernds.
Wow! That has gotta be tough! I love you and I am praying for you. How much longer do you have to go?
Post a Comment